Privacy and Web Site Policy
This policy describes the way Intersect Alliance manages any personal information that it collects, uses and discloses about those with whom we do business and how to contact us if you have any queries. This policy is a public document and will be made available on request.
Intersect Alliance is subject to the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles. This policy has been prepared to ensure compliance with these policies and principles.
This Policy covers all personal information that is collected or maintained by Intersect Alliance. Personal information is defined in this context as “information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or opinion”.
This Policy does not apply to any information or records that are related to any current or former employment relationships.
Information we may collect and how it is used
This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant content.
The kind of personal information that we collect can be of any of the following types:
• Information about individuals who have used our software;
• Details of support calls logged with our service desk which can contain your company details or other information used for debugging purposes;
• Detailed provided to us from filling out contact information on our web site which may include some details of your organization;
• Information about individuals who we have contacted in the past for the purposes of seeking business;
• Information about individuals working for, or associated with, any partner or supplier organizations; or
• Information about individuals who seek employment with Intersect Alliance.
This personal information is collected in a variety of ways, including by mail, telephone, email, Internet access, personal contact, and through business activities and events.
At or before the time of collecting your personal information, Intersect Alliance will take reasonable steps to make you aware:
• that we are collecting personal information about you;
• of the purposes for which personal information about you is being collected;
• of the organizations to which personal information about you is usually disclosed;
• of what happens if you do not provide the required personal information; and
• of how to access personal information about yourself.
Intersect Alliance uses personal information to market, promote and deliver information security software and services to organizations. If you do not want personal information about you to be used as a basis for further contact with you, then please contact us using the link below, and we will respect your wishes.
Technologies We and Our Third Party Advertising Partners Use
Intersect Alliance uses technologies such as cookies and pixels to keep track of your activities on our website. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device for record-keeping purposes. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time.
We use persistent cookies to keep track of your activities when you visit our website. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file or clearing out your browser's cache. You may also decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we share your information
• We may share the following information with service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. We require by contract that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- data derived from or relating to cookies, tracking pixels and other similar technologies
- aggregated non-identifiable information, such as the number of users who visit our website or the number of users who clicked on a particular page.
• We may disclose information to the public when an organization has authorized the disclosure.
• We may share information about you if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid warrant/subpoena, court order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Intersect Alliance or others.
• Your personal details are not sold or provided to any third party.
Intersect Alliance Business Partners
If you are a contact person for one of our business partners, personal information about you may be used by us to administer and develop Intersect Alliance’s business relationships with the organization you represent.
Intersect Alliance Supplier
If you are a contact person for one of our suppliers, personal information about you may be used by Intersect Alliance in its dealings with the supplier you represent.
Protection of Personal Information
Intersect Alliance takes reasonable steps to protect all personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Access to your information within our organization is restricted to authorized employees and based on a business need to know.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
To obtain access to your personal information that we hold, please contact us at the contact details below. If this information is not accurate or complete, you may ask us to amend it.
If you have a complaint about the way that we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us using the contact details above. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at: Website: http://www.oaic.gov.au Phone: 1300 363 992.