Snare Enterprise Epilog for UNIX
Snare Enterprise Epilog for UNIX provides a method to collect any text based log files on the Linux and Solaris operating systems. The agent supports many log file formats including Apache and Squid log files. You can also create your own custom file monitoring format. The agent has the ability to restrict the data through a custom objective which can be configured to filter data by including or excluding exact or wild card string matches. Snare Epilog for UNIX is compatible with Redhat 5, 6, SLED 10,11, Ubuntu and Debian, Solaris 9, 10, 11.
Snare Epilog for UNIX can be used to send data to either a Snare Server, SIEM or local Syslog server. The Snare Server is recommended for its powerful centralised collection, analysis, reporting and archival capabilities.
Snare is used by many large Financial, Insurance, Healthcare, Defence, AeroSpace, and Intelligence organisations to meet elements of local and federal security requirements, such as Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM), GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), C2 / CAPP, DCID 6/3, DIAM 50-4, DDS-2600-5502-87 Chapter 4, NISPOM Chapter 8, HIPAA, PCI DSS, California Senate Bill 1386, USA Patriot Act, Danish Standard DS-484:2005, ISO 27001/2.
Some of the many features of the Snare Enterprise Epilog for UNIX include:
- Dynamic DNS
- Log to multiple destinations
- Confirmed log message delivery with Smart TCP - no lost or missing logs
- Caching of events in case of a network disruption, ensuring that events are not lost
- Regular expression for Search Match
- Allow administrators to locally or remotely monitor changes to the agent’s configuration via a standard web browser.
- Allowing the event log record to be formatted so it is accepted by a SYSLOG server
- SnareApache and SnareSquid are modules of Epilog that allow for targeted logging of Apache and Squid logs
Click to enlarge
Documentation is available from the User Documentation page.
InterSect Alliance provides commercial support for Snare Enterprise Agents and the Snare Server. Please visit the Support page for more information.
Snare OpenSource Agents are early versions of the Snare Enterprise Agents, and includes a limited feature set of the Snare Enterprise Agents, and not recommended for use by organisations that require audit regulatory compliance. Click here to compare OpenSource and Enterprise versions.
Intersect Alliance does not provide support for the OpenSource agents, however the Snare OpenSource Sourceforge Forum may offer assistance.
Download Snare OpenSource.