Snare. The world standard for effectively gathering and filtering IT-event data for critical security monitoring, analysis, auditing and archiving.
Snare Enterprise Agent for Solaris
Snare for Solaris provides front end filtering, remote control, and remote distribution for Solaris audit data, interfacing with the underlying Sun "Basic Security Module". Snare for Solaris can be used as a standalone auditing tool, or can send data to the Snare Server, remote SIEM system or any syslog server for analysis and storage. Snare for Solaris is available for Solaris 9, Solaris 10, Solaris 11.1, Solaris 11.2, Sun SPARC and x86.
Snare is used by many large Financial, Insurance, Healthcare, Defence, AeroSpace, and Intelligence organisations to meet elements of local and federal security requirements, such as Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM), GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), C2 / CAPP, DCID 6/3, DIAM 50-4, DDS-2600-5502-87 Chapter 4, NISPOM Chapter 8, HIPAA, PCI DSS, California Senate Bill 1386, USA Patriot Act, Danish Standard DS-484:2005, ISO 27001/2.
Some of the many features of the Snare Enterprise Agent for Solaris include:
- Caching of events in case of a network disruption, ensuring that events are not lost
- Confirmed log message delivery with Smart TCP - no lost or missing logs.
- Log to multiple destinations
- Combined with the TCP, this option will allow the agent to cache messages if there is a network failure or the Snare Server is otherwise unavailable.
- Encrypt messages between the agent and the Snare Server.
- Allowing the event log record to be formatted so it is accepted by a SYSLOG server.
- Allow administrators to locally or remotely monitor changes to the agent’s configuration via a standard web browser
View the product summary on the other enterprise agents here.Get a Quote
Documentation is available from the User Documentation page.
InterSect Alliance provides commercial support for Snare Enterprise Agents and the Snare Server. Please visit the Support page for more information.
Snare OpenSource Agents are early versions of the Snare Enterprise Agents, and includes a limited feature set of the Snare Enterprise Agents, and not recommended for use by organisations that require audit regulatory compliance. Click here to compare OpenSource and Enterprise versions.
Intersect Alliance does not provide support for the OpenSource agents, however the Snare OpenSource Sourceforge Forum may offer assistance.
Download Snare OpenSource.